This infographic by Moxie Pest Control takes a look at how you can check your hotel room for bed bugs. They provide seven easy steps to check for bed bugs when you first check in. They also have a couple of suggestions on what to do if you indeed find bed bugs in your hotel room.
What Do To:
- Leave your bags at the door so they are not infested with bed bugs.
- Check each layer of the bed including the seams, folds, and edges for signs of bed bugs.
- Lift up the boxspring and and inspect the seams, folds, and edges for signs of bed bugs.
- Check behind the headboard with a piece of paper. If there are bed bugs you will see them cling to the paper.
- Check the corners and crevices of the nightstands. Even check the binding of the bible or magazines.
- Check the iron board, the door tracks, shelving and hangers int he closet for any signs on infestation.
- Look under the coach cushions and all seams.
Infographic Source: Moxie Pest Control