While selling on Amazon sounds good, you should be careful as there are some risks involved—there are advantages and disadvantages. As an online entrepreneur, it’s important to know what they are. Let’s dig deeper. Here are the pros and cons of selling on Amazon.
Pros of Selling on Amazon:
1. Your product will reach more audience.
2. Amazon is a credible site, making your products credible, too.
3. Since Amazon has more than 164 million active accounts, your products will sell faster.
4. You can save and earn more compared to building your own e-commerce site.
Cons of Selling on Amazon:
1. Amazon may compete with you directly.
2. Amazon owns the customer relationship; not you.
3. Commodization of products.