The Rank Tank put together this humorous sports infographic that takes a look at the top unlikely sporting heroes. The infographic highlights:
- Eric “The Eel” Moussambani, who swam a record 1 minute and 52 second 50m race in the 200 Sydney Olympics.
- Andy Fordham, world dart champ in 2004 that weighed in at 31 stones (434 lbs) and allegedly downed 25 beers prior to the match.
- Bill Werbeniuk, a snooker player who drank about one pint per frame and rose to #8 in the world game.
- Steven Bradbury, a 1000m ice skater who took the gold in the Salt Lake City Olympics by hanging out last and waiting for the other skater to crash into each other.
- Tomas Brolin, a star footballer in Europe who was cut due to “not pulling his weight”. Brolin was a large man.
- Michael “Eddie The Eagle” Edwards, a man afraid of heights who represented Team GB in the 70m and 90m ski-jump in the 1988 Olympics in Calgary.
Infographic Source: TheRankTank.com